The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides several categories of nonimmigrant visas for those who want to visit the United States temporarily. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (visa category B-1), tourism, pleasure, or visiting (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2). You can find out more about different types of visas from the travel.state.gov website.
Here are some examples of activities permitted with a visitor visa:
- Vacation (holiday).
- Visit with friends or relatives.
- Medical treatment.
- Participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations.
- Participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating.
- Enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation).
You may register for one non-immigrant visa appointment at a time through our online appointment system. All visa appointments must also have an attached visa application (form DS-160).
To request an expedited appointment, please email ConsularBishkek@state.gov with the following information, including the hashtag. Expedited appointments are offered on a limited basis, primarily for medical and humanitarian emergencies. Travel for the purpose of attending weddings and graduation ceremonies, assisting pregnant relatives, participating in an annual business/academic/professional conferences, or enjoying last-minute tourism does not qualify for an expedited appointment.
2) Date of Birth:
3) Visa type:
4) Intended travel date:
5) Name of U.S. contact/organization or inviting party:
6) Email address and phone number for the applicant:
7) Purpose of travel and reason for requesting an expedited appointment: