Fiancé(e) Visa

K1 visas permit fiancé(e)s  of U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. in order to get married. The marriage must take place within 90 days of arrival. Children of fiancé/fiancées are given K2 visas.

The U.S. citizen must file the I-129F petition at the USCIS office with jurisdiction over his/her residence in the U.S. Please see detailed information on USCIS website.

After the USCIS office approves the petition, it is transferred to National Visa Center (NVC) for administrative processing. NVC assigns the case number and forwards the case to the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bishkek. To inquire into the status of your case you may send an email to or call 603-334-0700.

When the Consular Section receives the petition, the interview date is scheduled. The appointment letter and instructions to prepare for the interview will be sent by email.