*** UPDATE: Current travel requirements to enter the United States are available here.
U.S. Embassy Bishkek has resumed routine visa services for nonimmigrant visas and is offering as many appointments as local conditions, resources, and safety considerations allow. We encourage all applicants to be mindful of the constraints and to apply early. Appointments will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis as capacity allows. To make an appointment for a nonimmigrant visa interview, please use our online NIV Appointment System. Applicants requesting an expedited appointment should contact us directly at ConsularBishkek@state.gov.
If you are a non-citizen or non-resident of Kyrgyzstan and wish to schedule a non-immigrant visa appointment, please send an email to ConsularBishkek@state.gov with the subject ‘Non-citizen/Non-Resident Travel’. In the email, you must include the following:
– An explanation of your purpose of travel to the United States, including any exceptional circumstances you would like us to consider;
– A copy of each applicant’s DS-160 Confirmation page (CEAC);
– A copy of your passport data page. The passport must have at least six months of validity remaining after your planned date of entry and must have at least one blank visa page.
We will consider your request on a space-available basis. Please note that if you are a non-citizen/non-resident of Kyrgyzstan and you schedule an appointment using our online scheduling program, your appointment will be cancelled, and you will be notified via email.
Visa applicants can also apply at any consulate or embassy which is accepting appointments. Please see https://travel.state.gov to find information on scheduling appointments in other locations.
Citizens of Ukraine may find more information on visa processing at the Department of State’s Information for Nationals of Ukraine page.
Currently, U.S. Embassy Bishkek only processes E visa applications for individuals and/or businesses possessing Kyrgyzstani nationality or third-country national applicants who are residents of Kyrgyzstan. If you believe you or your business qualify, please email our office at ConsularBishkek@state.gov and provide proof of nationality or residency. If the consular section determines that the nationality requirement has been met, we will schedule an appointment for an E-2 visa interview at the earliest available time and notify you by email of the date and time of your interview.
Immigrant and Diversity Visas
U.S. Embassy Bishkek is currently conducting interviews for all immigrant visa categories. Immigrant and diversity visa applicants should wait to be notified of the scheduling of an interview. For more information about immigrant and diversity visas, please visit our immigrant visa page.
For Ukrainian Immigrant Visa applicants: Consulate General Frankfurt is the post designated to process Ukrainian Immigrant Visa applicants including Diversity Visa (DV) and Fianc(é)e (K-1) visa applicants. Embassy Warsaw is the designated post for Ukrainians seeking an immigrant visa based on an adoption. However, Ukrainian applicants may request transfers to any post that processes immigrant visas.
To request a transfer to Embassy Bishkek, please contact us via email at ConsularBishkek@state.gov. At this time, U.S. Embassy Bishkek has extremely limited capacity to accept immigrant visa or diversity visa cases for applicants who reside outside of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The purpose of your intended travel and other facts will determine what type of visa is required under U.S. immigration law. As a visa applicant, you will need to establish that you meet all requirements to receive the category of visa for which you are applying.
See our Directory of Visa Categories on usvisas.state.gov to determine which visa category might be appropriate for your purpose of travel to the United States.
What is a Visa?
A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship.
Certain international travelers may be eligible to travel to the United States without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel. The Visa section of this website is all about U.S. visas for foreign citizens to travel to the United States.
(Note: U.S. citizens don’t need a U.S. visa for travel, but when planning travel abroad may need a visa issued by the embassy of the country they wish to visit.).
For additional information or to request an expedited appointment, please write to: ConsularBishkek@state.gov
Please include your name, passport number, and the reason for your request in your email.
Location: 171 Chyngyz Aitmatov Ave
Bishkek, 720016, Kyrgyzstan
Customer Service Statement
The Department of State manages the visa process strictly but fairly in order to best protect the United States. We are committed to the essential openness for which the United States has always been known. Travel to the United States is welcomed and encouraged.
We promise to you, the visa applicant, that:
- We will treat you with dignity and respect, even if we are unable to grant you a visa.
- We will treat you as an individual and your case as unique.
- We will remember that, to you, a visa interview may be a new or intimidating experience and that you may be nervous.
- We will use the limited time available for the interview to get as full a picture as possible of your travel plans and intentions.
- We will use our available resources to fairly assist all applicants to get appointments to allow travel in time for business, study, and other important obligations.
- We will post detailed and accurate information on visa requirements and application procedures on every Embassy and Consulate website.
- We will provide information on non-immigrant appointment waiting times at every Embassy and Consulate posted on http://travel.state.gov.
- We will explain the reason for any visa denial to you.
Furthermore, if you are a:
- Student, we will make every effort to ensure that you get an appointment and, if qualified, a visa in time to start classes.
- Medical and humanitarian emergency traveler, we will expedite processing for those dealing with life threatening emergencies.
- Business traveler, we will establish appropriate mechanisms to facilitate business travel and expedite cases of particular concern to American business.
At the same time, we expect you, the visa applicant, to:
- Plan your travel and visa application as far in advance as possible.
- Complete your application fully and accurately.
- Be forthcoming about your purpose and plans.
- Prepare for your interview by being able to clearly and concisely describe your intentions.