Event: Update on COVID-19 situation in the Kyrgyz Republic
On March 17 the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic announced that they are barring the entry of all foreign nationals to the Kyrgyz Republic. In addition, U.S. Embassy, Bishkek has received reports that several airlines are reducing or eliminating service to the Kyrgyz Republic and the availability of flights to/from the Kyrgyz Republic is rapidly changing.
U.S. embassy personnel worldwide have been given authorization to return to the United States. Many employees and family members of the U.S. Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic will be returning to the U.S.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
On March 18 the Kyrgyz government announced that there are three confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Kyrgyzstan. The government announced that social-distancing restrictions will be imposed, including permitting no more than ten people in a store at one time. Restaurants and cafes with more than fifty seats will be closed in Kyrgyzstan. The Kyrgyz government recommended that companies transfer employees to remote mode and practice social distancing. Pharmacies and shops will not close. The government also introduced additional restrictions on the work of educational, cultural and sports institutions, canceling all schools and universities for three weeks beginning March 16.
For U.S. Citizens resident in the Kyrgyz Republic whose visa or legal status is expiring soon, please contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Department of Consular Services +996 708 223 225 or by visiting their visa office at 10 Togolok Moldo Street, Bishkek.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- You will find information on medical resources in the Kyrgyz Republic here.
171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
Kyrgyzstan Country Information
Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates