Internal Revenue Service (U.S. Taxes)

There are no U.S. Internal Revenue Service offices in the Kyrgyz Republic.

If you are a U.S. citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder), you are responsible for filing U.S. federal income tax returns while abroad.  You will find useful information on the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website.

Important IRS Links

Other IRS links

Can I Mail My Return and Payment?
You can mail your tax return and payment using the postal service or approved private delivery services.  A list of approved delivery services is available on  If you mail a return from outside the United States, the date of filing is the postmark date.  However, if you mail a payment, separately or with your return, your payment is not considered received until the date of actual receipt. U.S. embassies and consulates cannot mail tax returns on behalf of U.S. taxpayers.

Can I Electronically File My Return?
You can prepare and e-file your income tax return, in many cases for free.  Participating software companies make their products available through the IRS.  E-File options are listed on

Employees of the American Citizen Services Unit are not authorized to offer tax advice. The IRS Website offers comprehensive information on tax matters. Of particular interest to overseas Americans is its Frequently Asked Questions section for Overseas Filers.  Additional information can also be found on the Department of State’s website on the Federal Benefits and Obligations page.

IRS staff is available at selected overseas locations listed in the International Services pages on the IRS website.


Does the IRS Provide Help in Other Languages?

The IRS provides tax information in Chinese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese.  Go to and use the drop down box under “Languages” on the upper right corner to select your language.