Emergency Financial Assistance

If you are having an emergency and need to speak to the Embassy, please, call +996 312 59 7000.

After Hours Emergency Telephone number:  +996 312 59 7000 (Dial as indicated if calling from the U.S.).

U.S. consular officers, in certain situations, can assist Americans abroad who are temporarily destitute because of unforeseen circumstances.  Americans who find themselves in these circumstances should contact the U.S. Embassy Bishkek at the numbers above, or the State Department’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services at 1-888-407-4747 (during business hours) or 202-647-5225 (after hours).  For more information, see the general  Emergency Financial Assistance for U.S. Citizens Abroad webpage on travel.state.gov.

Wiring Money Directly:  If family members, friends or associates in the United. States. have a major credit card, they may telephone Western Union at 1-800-325-6000, 1-800-325-4176 or 1-800-752-6077.  They may also access Western Union on line at www.westernunion.com or visit a local Western Union agent.

The sender should indicate the traveler’s full name and city where the money is being sent correctly.  The traveler will need to show a U.S. passport (in exceptional circumstances, e.g. when a passport has been lost or stolen, a copy of the passport and another form of a valid photo ID, e.g. original drivers’ license, etc.).  The sender should provide a “Test Question” and a Money Transfer Control Number (a ten-digit code) to the recipient.  The recipient should know the sender’s name, what amount has been sent and where it was sent from (what city).

Your Credit Card Company: Another alternative is to contact your credit card company which may be able to advance you funds temporarily. If your credit card was lost or stolen, report this immediately to your credit card company. They may also be able to verify your credit card directly to your hotel or airline to enable you to checkout of your hotel, obtain replacement airline tickets, or other emergency services. It may be necessary for a person receiving funds and a new credit card to present proof of identity such as a passport.

Bank to Bank Transfers: It may also be possible to transfer funds directly from a bank in the United States to a bank in the foreign country where the U.S. citizen can receive the funds. Many foreign banks require that the U.S. citizen establish a foreign bank account to use this service. Bank to bank transfers can take several days to accomplish.

Send Money through the U.S. Department of State: Family or friends may send funds to you through the U.S. embassy or consulate using the Department of State Overseas Citizens Services (OCS) Trust process.  Click on this link for additional information –  Learn About Sending Money Overseas to U.S. Citizen in an Emergency.