U.S. Citizen Services

Returning to the United States on an Expired U.S. Passport 

If you are overseas, after June 30, 2022, you will not be able to use your expired U.S. passport to return to the United States.  To renew your passport, schedule an appointment with us using our online appointment system.

In order to provide more effective customer service, all U.S. citizens requiring birth registrations, passport, or notarial services, now need to make an online appointment before visiting our American Citizen Services Unit.  Our appointment system allows our clients to plan their visit in advance, ensures shorter wait times, and allows more efficient handling of individual cases.

Click here to make or cancel an appointment for passport services, consular report of birth abroad, or notarial services.

If you are having an emergency and need to speak to the Embassy, please, call +996 312 59 7000

After Hours Emergency Telephone number: +996 312 59 7000 (Dial as indicated if calling from the U.S.)

Alerts and Messages

COVID-19 Information
See all Messages and Alerts for U.S. Visitors to the Kyrgyz Republic.