The U.S. Embassy in Bishkek invites U.S. citizens in and around Karakol, Naryn, and Talas to receive consular services at the American Corners in these locations. Embassy representatives will be at the American Corner in Karakol on June 20, Naryn on June 21, and Talas on June 28. U.S. citizens may apply for the following services on the below listed times and dates on a first come first served basis.
- Passport renewals (adults) – $110 using form DS-82
- Passport renewals (minors under age 16) – $105 using form DS-11
- Replacement for lost passport – $135, forms DS-11 and DS-64, and a statement from the local police
- First adult passport – $135 and form DS-11 and original proof of citizenship
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) – $100 and forms DS-2029 and DS-5507
Application forms and additional information on application requirements are available at the Department of State’s website at www.travel.state.gov or the Embassy’s website at http://bishkek.usembassy.gov.
Notary Services: We will offer notary services, which cost $50 for each signature. If you are requesting notary services, please bring proof of identification (preferably your passport) and prepare the document to be notarized prior to your arrival. We can also make certified copies of passports and other documents, which will also cost $50 each page.
Passport Services for Minors: For all passport services involving minors under age 16 and for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, both parents must appear together with the child to sign the applications in the presence of the consular officer. In addition, we must see an original birth certificate for the child and the passports of the parents. Passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad applications should be completed prior to your arrival. Passports will be available for pick-up in 7-10 business days and Consular Reports Abroad in 3-4 weeks. Both must be collected at the Consular Section in Bishkek.
Bring Your Passport: Your passport is your best source of identification. Any passport applications submitted will be taken to Bishkek for processing. Generally, passport applications are processed and completed within 7-10 business days.
Payments and Receipts: We will accept cash payments only and will issue a manual receipt at the time of payment. Please bring exact change, as we will not have change available. Complete fee information can be found at www.travel.state.gov.
If you have additional questions, please call the U.S. Embassy Bishkek Consular Section at (996) 312 59 7000 between the hours of 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, or send an inquiry to ConsularBishkek@state.gov.
The locations of the Karakol, Naryn, and Talas American Corners are listed below.
Event on June 20, 2017 from 1500-1600:
Karakol American Corner at Issyk-Kul Oblast Library
Address: 35 Koenkozova St., Karakol
Tel: (03922) 5 15 96, 2 07 61
Event on June 21, 2017 from 1400-1500:
Naryn American Corner at Naryn Oblast Library
Address: 33 Lenin Street, Naryn,
Tel: (03522) 5 18 83
Event on June 21, 2017 from 1500-1600:
Talas American Corner at Talas State University
Address: Department of Humanities, Talas,
Tel: (03422) 5 20 68, 5 20 69
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Kyrgyzstan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kyrgyzstan, located at 171 Prospect Mira, Bishkek 720016, at +(996) (312) 59 7000, 8:30m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(996) 0312-597-733.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.
The Department of State’s Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) provides several resources to enhance the safety and security of the U.S. private sector abroad. Additional information on OSAC can be found on OSAC.gov or by following OSAC on Twitter.