Request for Information (RFI) regarding service Grant Programs Monitoring, Evaluation and Assessment for Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic.
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes. This is NOT a solicitation for proposals or quotations. The Government will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this notice. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this RFI. Responses to this request will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
Not responding to this RFI will not exclude a prospective vendor from participation in any future RFP/RFQ, if issued.
Please reference to the below DRAFT Statement of Work (SOW) for further details on this requirement.
The responses should be submitted with information packages in English to BishkekGSOBid@state.gov by 17:00 Bishkek time Friday, July 26, 2019.
Responses to this RFI shall include the following:
- Cover letter/ Information describing the Company’s capabilities, resources, and experience that demonstrate an ability to perform the Government requirements;
- Applicant Organizational Information (DOC 32KB);
- Generic budgets/price list;
- 1-page CV or resume of key personnel and M&E experts/consultants;
- At least one program example: completed evaluation or assessments;
- (Optional) Reference letters must identify type of projects implemented and list M&E experts involved in the projects. An individual letter cannot exceed 1 page in length;
- Feedback and questions regarding the requirements cited in the Draft SOW;
- Descriptions of any approaches to meeting the requirements of the draft SOW.
DRAFT Statement of Work
INTRODUCTION: PAS administers a number of different grant programs that provide financial support to not-for-profit civil society organizations (CSOs), non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and associations, think tanks, and academic institutions to implement initiatives aimed at the following goals:
1) Promoting Regional Stability;
2) Promoting Democracy and Democratic Institutions;
3) Promoting an environment conducive to supporting Business, Entrepreneurship, and Investment growth in the Kyrgyz Republic.
PAS awards for which evaluative services are sought are primarily within the scope of $50,000 to $300,000 with a project lifetime from two months to three years.
Organizations should demonstrate their ability to provide evaluation and assessment projects for projects within this scope and implementation of several tasks such as:
- Developing package of documentation, including but not limited to standard operating procedures (SOP) and templates, for different types of PAS grant programs that would help PAS grant managers with gathering data; institutional assessment; assessment of program progress; program evaluation of effectiveness, efficiency, impacts, sustainability, and relevance; reporting on performance;
- Developing evaluation, assessment, and learning plans for large-scale programs that should include systematic collection and analysis of performance and context information to track progress toward planned results, fulfill the activity learning agenda, and inform planned adaptation in the activity’s technical approach. The plans should serve as a management tool to improve development outcomes, and not simply to fulfill a reporting requirement. It should provide the means to inform iterative adaptation, fill identified knowledge gaps, test new technical approaches, validate uncertain causal links in the development hypothesis, or respond to a dynamic operating context;
- Implementing evaluation of PAS-funded long-term programs identified by PAS management.
Interested parties may submit questions regarding the DRAFT SOW and package submission requirements via email: BishkekGSOBid@state.gov or contact via phone 0312 597000 Procurement section.