THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. This RFI is issued solely for information and planning purposes. This is NOT a solicitation for proposals or quotations. The Government will not accept unsolicited proposals in response to this notice. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this RFI. Responses to this request will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
Not responding to this RFI will not exclude a prospective vendor from participation in any future RFP/RFQ, if issued. Please see the Draft of Statement of Work and its Attachments A, B, C for further details on this requirement.
Responses to this RFI shall include the following:
- Cover letter/Information describing the Company’s capabilities, resources, and experience that demonstrate an ability to perform the U.S. Government requirements;
- Applicant Organizational Information;
- Generic budgets/price list for professional services
- Administrative support
- Engineering services by discipline (civil, structural, architectural)
- CAD support
- Project management
- 1-page CV or resume of key personnel, experts/consultants;
- At least one completed example of a building assessment
- Feedback and questions regarding the requirements cited in the Draft of SOW;
- Descriptions of any approaches to meeting the requirements of the Draft of SOW.
- Structural Engineer:
- University studies resulting in technical degree (Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Doctorate or equivalents).
- Professional Engineer License or equivalent form of registration, certification, or accreditation at the national level (Kyrgyzstan or other country).
- Membership in professional organizations
- Professional committee involvement is a plus (e.g. code committees), although not required
- Years: years of experience designing and assessing building structures.
- Type or experience:
- experience listed should be in the design and assessment of buildings; not bridges, pipelines, or other structures such as cable cars, high voltage towers, tower cranes, transmission towers etc.
- design experience listed should be per International Building Code (IBC) or other international codes (Eurocode) or equivalent reputable code covering the calculation of seismic forces and detailing of reinforcement and tie-in of structural concrete members.
- Diversity: diversity of the design/assessment experience (for example, single family homes and high rises) covering different methodologies and materials such as steel/glass, reinforced concrete/brick infill, concrete block, pre-cast structural members etc).
- Additional Experience: list any additional experience such as post-earthquake damage assessment and structural forensics.
All interested parties should submit responses in English to BishkekGSOBid@state.gov with appropriate supporting information clearly marked Response to RFI “Structural Engineer Seismic Assessment Services” no later than January 15th, 2020, 17:00 GMT +6.