The U.S. Embassy in Bishkek is pleased to announce a contest to design a logo celebrating the 25th anniversary of U.S.- Kyrgyz relations. Eligible contestants are invited to design a captivating and story-telling graphic logo, which will reflect the long-standing friendship and partnership between Kyrgyzstan and the United States. The winning design could be used for official and cultural event rollups, backdrops and displays; for videos, and on giveaways such as T-shirts, mugs and pens, as we mark 25 years of bilateral relations. The Contest Sponsors are the U.S. Embassy and the U.S. Department of State.
Entries will be judged by a panel of experts on their appeal and effectiveness in creating a positive impression of the partnership between the United States and Kyrgyzstan. The judging panel will consider the concept, message, creativity, originality, relevance, aesthetic quality, and design quality. Contestants may submit up to three logo designs. Contestants may wish to include images of how the logo could be displayed or incorporated into the overall design for rollups, backdrops or on promotional items.
1st Place: MacBook Air
2nd Place: Ipad Mini
Official Contest Rules
How to Enter:
- All entries must be submitted by April 15, 2016 at 5 PM. The U.S. Embassy reserves the right to extend the deadline, if necessary. The U.S. Embassy is not responsible for lost or incomplete submissions.
- Entries must be submitted only by email to BishkekPAS@state.gov with “Logo Contest” in the subject line of the message, with the name, contact number and email of the participant.
- No more than three entries may be submitted by a single contestant and each must be accompanied by a brief description of the design concept.
- The contest is open to Kyrgyz citizens over the age of 18, who are living in Kyrgyzstan at the time of the contest.
- The individual submitting the entry will be considered the contestant and will be the only individual eligible to compete for the prize. Organizations are not eligible to compete for the prize.
- U.S. government employees, interns and their family members are not eligible
Technical and Content Requirements:
- The logo must contain the number “25” to represent the 25th anniversary of U.S.- Kyrgyz bilateral relations.
- Entries submitted as high-resolution color image files, which are the product of a source uncompressed, vector-based logo design file are preferred. Contestants should submit a single email for each logo image and any supporting images showing the logo displayed on backdrops or promotional items. The size of each email cannot exceed 10 MB.
- Submissions must be original content created by the contestant and must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright or otherwise subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Submissions must conform to local law and must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to any of the Contest Sponsors, or to any groups, individuals, or institutions.
- The winners will be notified and must confirm acceptance within three calendar days. If acceptance is not confirmed by the required date, the U.S. Embassy reserves the right to select an alternate winner.
- The Embassy will coordinate with winners for delivery of prizes and may require that the winner pick up the prize in person at the U.S. Embassy in Bishkek.
- Each winner will be required to sign a statement of eligibility and liability/publicity release, as well as provide a short bio, otherwise the winner and/or finalist will be ineligible for any prize.
- Winners and finalists may choose to use an alias instead of their real name and may request other identifying information be kept private.
- The winning entrants will relinquish all intellectual property rights and ownership of the logo design and any supporting design submitted with the logo to the Contest Sponsors.
- Events from this contest may be announced and promoted on various social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter, but contest entry and administration will only occur through e-mail.
- Contest winners may also be announced on social media, however, Facebook and other Social Media platforms are not partners or sponsors of the contest.
Liability and Rights:
- The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify, at their sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria and to the intent and substance of these Official Contest Rules.
- The Contest Sponsors do not endorse any submissions or messages expressed therein, and expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with the submitted logos including disputes between collaborators related to a submission.
- The Contest Sponsors do not permit copyright infringing activities or infringement of any other intellectual property rights, and reserve the right to remove and disqualify any submission they deem to be in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- The Contestant assumes sole responsibility for the contest submission and the material contained in it, and for any consequences of submitting it.
- If a prize or any portion thereof is unavailable, the Contest Sponsors, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- Contest Sponsors reserve the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest at their discretion for any reason.
- Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Contest Sponsors, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees, interns, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debts, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from (i) violation of these Official Contest Rules; (ii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right in connection with the contest; or (iii) any claim that a contest submission caused any harm, including financial, to any third party. These indemnification and hold harmless obligations will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the contest.
- The conduct, judging, and awarding of prizes will be carried out in full compliance with applicable U.S. law and host country law. In the event of a conflict between U.S. law and host country law, U.S. law shall apply.
- Contest Sponsors and the U.S. Government will take reasonable measures to protect privacy data, personally identifiable information, and other sensitive data of contestants. Contact information provided by contestants may be used to contact contestants for other purposes in the future.
- Contest Sponsors assume no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download, or access information. Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for technical or internet problems or any data transmission delays.