April 6, 2020
Gauging Interest in a Charter Departure Flight
In an effort to contain the virus, Kyrgyz authorities have suspended commercial air travel and closed the borders and airport in Kyrgyzstan.
The Department of State is exploring options for and interest in a potential evacuation flight for American citizens. Such a flight, if it can be arranged, would leave Manas Airport at some date in mid-April. If a charter flight occurs, it is likely to be the only opportunity to depart Kyrgyzstan until commercial flights resume.
Please note that all passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note must be signed before boarding. We estimate that the one-way cost for a seat on this possible charter flight would be $1,500, although the exact figure will not be certain until the flight is confirmed.
U.S. citizens in possession of valid U.S. passports who are interested and prepared to travel should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below as soon as possible. Please do not call to confirm receipt of your email; you will be contacted with additional information.
o Full name:
o U.S. passport number:
o Email Address:
o Phone Number:
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- You will find information on medical resources in the Kyrgyz Republic here.
- S. Embassy Bishkek
- 171 Prospect Mira
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter