Event: Kyrgyz Republic COVID-19 Update March 30
The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic confirmed 94 cases of COVID-19 in the country.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
The U.S. Embassy has received information from both the Russian Embassy in Bishkek and Aeroflot Airlines that there are no longer any international flights operating out of Bishkek that are available for American citizens. The Moscow-JFK flight route was suspended as of 30 March, and there are no more onward flight connections to the US from Russia.
U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States and have been unable to do so are encouraged to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, passport number, and contact email and phone. We will use this information for direct communication with you if further flight information becomes available.
Kyrgyz Visa Update
On March 28, the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic announced that foreigners may remain in the Kyrgyz Republic until May 1, 2020 without requiring an exit visa. U.S. citizens whose visas are expired will not be required to pay a fine or obtain an exit visa upon departure before May 1, 2020. This measure was implemented due to the difficulty for foreign citizens to depart the Kyrgyz Republic on time as a result of the restrictive travel measures as well as the temporary suspension of international flights due to the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please review the official announcement of this measure at the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic’s website, https://www.gov.kg/ru.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- You will find information on medical resources in the Kyrgyz Republic here.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter