Event: Kyrgyz Republic COVID-19 Update March 29
Kyrgyz Visa Update
On March 28, the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic announced that foreigners may remain in the Kyrgyz Republic until May 1, 2020 without requiring an exit visa. U.S. citizens whose visas are expired will not be required to pay a fine or obtain an exit visa upon departure before May 1, 2020. This measure was implemented due to the difficulty for foreign citizens to depart the Kyrgyz Republic on time as a result of the restrictive travel measures as well as the temporary suspension of international flights due to the spread of COVID-19. For more information, please review the official announcement of this measure at the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic’s website, https://www.gov.kg/ru.
The U.S. Embassy has received conflicting information as to whether Aeroflot Airlines will allow foreign (non-Russian) citizens to travel from a foreign country and transit via Russia on to another destination. After March 29, the next scheduled flight between the Kyrgyz Republic and Russia is on April 5.
U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States and have been unable to do so are encouraged to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, passport number, and contact email and phone. We will use this information for direct communication with you if further flight information becomes available.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- You will find information on medical resources in the Kyrgyz Republic here.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter