Event: Kyrgyz Republic COVID-19 Update March 28
As of March 28, Aeroflot Airlines will no longer allow foreign (non-Russian) citizens to travel from a foreign country and transit via Russia on to another destination. Therefore, U.S. citizens will not be able to fly from Bishkek via Moscow and onwards to the United States. There are no longer any international flights operating out of Bishkek that are available for foreigners.
U.S. citizens who want to return to the United States and have been unable to do so are encouraged to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, passport number, and contact email and phone. We will use this information for direct communication with you if further flight information becomes available.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- You will find information on medical resources in the Kyrgyz Republic here.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter