Event: Kyrgyz Republic COVID-19 Update March 27
Departure Flight Options
U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with a travel agent to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. Local travel agents and companies are having better success in making flight reservations than individuals trying to work with the airlines directly. Aeroflot Airlines via Moscow is the only international routing currently available for U.S. Citizens. On March 26 the Russian Government announced a closure of its airspace to international flights. It remains to be seen how this will impact Kyrgyzstan as there are exceptions for flights intended to return Russians to Russia as well as those flights that receive special government approval. According to Aeroflot, they are still intending to have flights on March 29 and April 5 between Bishkek and Moscow; onward flights to JFK in New York are also still available.
Kyrgyz Visa and Legal Registration Extensions
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not currently able to process extension of visas or registration for foreign nationals. The Kyrgyz government intends to pass new regulations to assist foreign nationals present in Kyrgyzstan who are unable to extend their visa or status due to the global pandemic and State of Emergency. We will pass further details to American citizens as more information becomes available.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- You will find information on medical resources in the Kyrgyz Republic here.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter