Call for Proposals:
Spring 2020 Small Grants for USG Alumni in Kyrgyzstan
About the Program
Did you study or participate in a U.S. government (USG) sponsored educational or professional exchange program? Do you have a project you would like to undertake that would benefit your community or strengthen the relationship between American and Kyrgyz citizens?
The U.S Embassy in Kyrgyzstan announces the Spring 2020 cycle of the Alumni Small Grants Program. The small grant program is open to all citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who are alumni of a USG or U.S. Embassy educational or exchange program. The small grants program aims to support innovative, small-scale projects or initiatives that will:
- Promote key themes such as: Regional Integration; Innovation; STEM; Environment; Diversity and Tolerance; Interfaith Dialogue; Financial Literacy; Media literacy; English language
- Strengthen local communities, foster positive relationships between the United States and the Kyrgyz Republic, and promote mutual understanding of the core values promoted by USG exchange programs.
The application deadline is 10 January 2020 at 17:00 Bishkek Time. The U.S. Embassy will award grants on a competitive basis, depending on the availability of funds.
In order to participate in this program, alumni:
- must be citizens of Kyrgyzstan,
- must have studied or participated in a U.S. government-sponsored educational or professional exchange program,
- must conduct a project that furthers the programs goals, and
- must submit this online application and supporting materials.
If you have any questions, please contact the USG Small Alumni Grants Coordinator:
Telephone: +(996) 502-599-991