CALL FOR ADDITIONAL PROPOSALS! COVID-19 RAPID RESPONSE SMALL GRANTS FOR USG ALUMNI IN KYRGYZSTAN
The U.S Embassy in Kyrgyzstan announces the call for additional applications for COVID-19 Rapid Response Alumni Small Grants Program. This program is open to all USG Alumni that are citizens of Kyrgyz Republic and will aim to support projects or initiatives that will address key areas including:
- Rapid assistance for at-risk and vulnerable groups in the Kyrgyz Republic during the global COVID-19 pandemic – excluding any humanitarian assistance (food, household items, medical items);
- Raise public awareness and education about the COVID-19 virus and accessible means for combating its spread;
- Countering misinformation and disinformation related to COVID-19;
- Providing solutions to support the adjustment and transition of communities in the Kyrgyz Republic to new conditions created by the current global pandemic.
Priority will be given to project proposals that:
- Provide immediate assistance to at-risk or vulnerable communities not including any humanitarian assistance (food, household items, medical items);
- Provide innovative and quick-to-deliver solutions to prevent the spread of coronavirus;
- Prevent the spread of misinformation and disinformation related to the global pandemic;
- Raise public awareness and education about the coronavirus and measures to prevent its spread;
- Forward-thinking solutions to help the Kyrgyz Republic in the adjustment and transition to new conditions in the wake of the global pandemic.
The application deadline is May 31, 2020 at 17:00 Bishkek time. The Embassy will award grants the middle of June 2020 on a competitive basis, depending on the availability of funds.
Grant proposals must:
- Include a project timeline that takes place between June and September 2020;
- Include a budget that is no more than USD $5,000;
- Comply with all WHO, CDC recommendations on preventing the spreading of COVID-19 as well as requirement to comply with all local government recommendations and restrictions.
- Specify how the project impact will be monitored and evaluated by project participants; and
- Include a clear social media plan to highlight project progress and successes;
If you have any questions, please contact the USG Small Alumni Grants Coordinator.