AEIF 2021 CALL FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS IS OPEN!
U.S. Embassy Bishkek invites USG Exchange Program Alumni to submit proposals for the 2021 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund
AEIF (Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund) is a U.S. State Department-sponsored grant program which empowers exchange alumni to respond to emerging in-country and regional needs by supporting public service projects. The successful proposals designed and led by USG exchange alumni can receive grants from $10,000 up to $50,000 from the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
U.S. Embassy in Bishkek will consider public service projects proposed and managed by teams of alumni that
- Promote key themes such as:
o Response to the pandemic, including economic resilience,
o Dialogue between urban and rural communities,
o Development of civil society and resilient communities,
o Innovation and STEM,
o Entrepreneurship and small-business initiatives, and
o Media and information literacy;
o Social inclusion and protection of minority rights
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for the AEIF competition, proposals must be submitted by teams of at least two (2) alumni of USG sponsored exchange programs. Alumni who are U.S. citizens may be part of the team, however, there must be at least two non-U.S. citizen alumni on the project team. Applications must be submitted in English.
- Relevance of the addressed need: 20 points
- Purpose and summary, description, and implementation plan: 10 points
- Degree of alumni involvement: 10 points
- Participation and support from local partners: 10 points
- Evaluation and impact of the project: 10 points
- Sustainability: 10 points
- Communication, media and outreach plan: 10 points
- Budget and budget narrative: 20 points
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE:
- Download and fill out both the proposal form (here) and budget form (here).
- Please submit the application and budget templates to PASBishkek@america.gov by 23:59 January 15, 2021 and put AEIF 2021 in the subject line. (Submissions missing either of the forms or filled out using forms other than those above will not be considered)