AEIF 2022 CALL FOR PROJECT PROPOSALS IS OPEN!
U.S. Embassy Bishkek invites USG Exchange Program Alumni to submit proposals for the 2021 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF).
AEIF is a U.S. State Department-sponsored grant program which empowers exchange alumni to respond to emerging in-country and regional needs by supporting public service projects. Successful proposals designed and led by USG exchange alumni can receive between $10,000 and $40,000 in funding from the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
U.S. Embassy Bishkek will consider public service projects proposed and managed by teams of alumni that promote key themes such as:
- Promoting vaccination against COVID-19 and countering misinformation regarding vaccines
- Environmental issues, especially air quality
Eligibility: Proposals must be submitted by teams of at least two alumni of USG-sponsored exchange programs. Alumni who are U.S. citizens may be part of the team, but the project team must include at least two non-U.S. citizen alumni. Applications from Alumni Associations must specify a team lead. All application materials must be submitted in English.
- Relevance of the addressed need: 20 points
- Purpose, summary, description, and implementation plan: 10 points
- Degree of alumni involvement: 10 points
- Participation and support from local partners: 10 points
- Evaluation and impact of the project: 10 points
- Sustainability: 10 points
- Communication, media, and outreach plan: 10 points
- Budget and budget narrative: 20 points
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINE:
- Download and fill out the proposal form (DOC) and budget form (XSLS).
- Please submit both forms to PASBishkek@america.govby 23:59 January 30, 2022, and put AEIF 2022 in the subject line. (Submissions missing any of the forms or filled out using forms other than those above will not be considered)