The Public Affairs section of the Embassy encourages interaction and facilitates networking amongst alumni who have returned to the Kyrgyz Republic after participating in State Department exchange programs in the U.S.
Public Affairs also awards small grants to alumni who wish to share their international experience or implement programs locally using the ideas and knowledge gained from their experience.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: FALL 2017 SMALL GRANTS FOR USG ALUMNI IN KYRGYZSTAN
The U.S Embassy in Kyrgyzstan announces the Alumni Small Grants Program. Did you study or participate in a U.S. government-sponsored educational or professional exchange program? Do you have a project you would like to undertake that would benefit your community strengthen the relationship between American and Kyrgyz citizens, or increase knowledge of one community about the other? The Alumni Small Grants Program supports innovative, small-scale projects developed and implemented by Kyrgyz citizens who are alumni of a U.S. government or U.S. Embassy education or exchange program.
The application deadline is December 2, 2017. The Embassy will award grants on a competitive basis, depending on the availability of funds. Not sure whether you are an Alumnus of a U.S. government–sponsored program? Please check here (DOC 15 KB) to have a look at the list of all programs. Register to become a member of International Exchange Alumni Website: https://alumni.state.gov/
Please contact the Alumni Coordinator with any questions.
Grant proposals must:
- Demonstrate how participating alumni will use their exchange experience to address a challenge/issue in Kyrgyzstan;
- Include a project timeline that takes place between January and April 2018;
- Include a budget that is no more than USD $5,000; and
- Specify how the project will be evaluated by project participants.
Priority consideration will be given to proposals who:
- Work with an American Corner to implement the grant;
- Support English language teaching and usage in Kyrgyzstan;
- Promote volunteerism with the support and participation of exchange program alumni;
- Cooperate with other alumni or alumni from different programs to implement the grant; and/or
- Share with a wider community the knowledge or skills gained in the exchange program or training.
Project results must be presented in written, photographic or video format to the U.S. Embassy in Bishkek for publication on the U.S. Embassy Bishkek website: https://kg.usembassy.gov/