The State Department of the United States of America and the U.S. Embassy in Bishkek are pleased to announce the 2019-2020 Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program in the Kyrgyz Republic.
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar program awards grants to conduct post-doctoral research at U.S. institutions for a period up to one academic year. Applications will be accepted in the following research fields:
- American Studies
- Communication and Journalism
- Business Administration Library
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Public Administration
- Library Science/Computer Science
- Sociology and Social Work
- Environmental Science
- English as Second Language
- Management in Agriculture
- Art Management
To participate in the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program, the applicant must:
- be a citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic
- teach at least one course at a university (a certificate from university to be uploaded along with application)
- hold a Ph.D. in humanities or sciences (Kandidat Nauk or Doctor Nauk degree)
- be proficient in written and spoken English
- be able to demonstrate professional aptitude and leadership potential in their field of specialization
- be able to begin research in the United States in autumn 2019
- be eligible to receive and maintain a U.S. visa.
Previous U.S. experience:
Strong preference will be given to applicants who do not have recent and/or extensive experience in the U.S.
How to Apply:
On-line Application should be submitted through the Embark online system at: https://iie.embark.com/apply/visitingscholars
Deadline for submitting application forms is October 20, 2018.
For more information about the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program, please contact Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy:
Phone: +996 312 597 000