The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
The State Department of the United States of America and the U.S. Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic are pleased to announce that applications are now available for 2018-2019 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program brings accomplished mid-level professionals to the United States for a year of graduate-level non-degree academic coursework and professional development activities. By providing future leaders and policy makers with experience in U.S. society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas.
Fellowship fields: Fellowships are granted competitively to both public and private sector candidates with strong leadership potential and a commitment to public service in the fields of:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
• Substance Abuse Education, Treatment, and Prevention
• Economic Development/Finance and Banking
• Higher Education Administration
• Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
• HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
• Human Resource Management
• Law and Human Rights
• Natural Resources/Environmental Policy/Climate Change
• Public Health Policy and Management
• Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
• Teaching English as a Foreign Language (Teacher-Training/Curriculum Development)
• Technology Policy and Management
• Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
• Urban and Regional Planning
Criteria for eligibility – Applicants must:
– Be citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic
– Have a university degree
– Have minimum five years of substantial professional experience
– Demonstrated leadership qualities and a record of public service
– Proficient in both spoken and written English
– Limited prior experience in the U.S.
The following persons are NOT eligible:
– Individuals with less than five years of working experience prior to August 2018;
– Recent university graduates;
– University teachers with no management or policy responsibilities, except for teachers of English as a foreign language and specialists in drug abuse prevention and treatment;
– Individuals who have attended a graduate school in the U.S. for one academic year or more in the past seven years prior to August 2018;
– Individuals with other recent U.S. experience (more than six months in the past five years prior to August 2018);
– Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status.
Application procedures and deadline:
The H. Hubert Humphrey Program application should be completed online at the Embark website: http://apply.embark.com/student/humphrey/fellowship/
You must read the application instructions that are provided on this website very carefully.
In addition to the online application, you must mail the following supplemental materials in hard copy to the Public Affairs Section at the U.S. Embassy:
- Report on proficiency in English
- Letters of reference (at least 1 from current employer)
- Copy of a university degree
- English translations of all documents
Online applications and hard copies of supplemental materials must be submitted no later than 4:00pm on May 30, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by August 2017.
Additional information on the program you can find at http://humphreyfellowship.org.
Public Affairs Section,
U.S. Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic,
171 Prospect Mira Bishkek, 720016,