The Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA) is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State. TEA will bring approximately 80 international teachers of English as a Foreign Language (EFL), social studies, math or science to the United States for a total of six-week professional development programs in 2024 (one program in the winter of 2024, the other in the fall of 2024). The program will consist of academic seminars focusing on new teaching methodologies, curriculum development, lesson planning, teaching strategies, and computer training. The program will also include a two-to-three week internship at a U.S. secondary school to actively engage participants in the U.S. classroom environment. Cultural enrichment, mentoring, and support will be provided to participants throughout the program.
In addition, TEA will provide follow-on grants to the international teachers to purchase essential materials for their schools, to offer follow-on training for other teachers, and to conduct other activities that will build on the exchange visits.
The TEA fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 visa support;
- Round-trip airfare;
- An end of program workshop in Washington, D.C.;
- University training program;
- Accommodations, meals, and incidentals for the duration of the program;
- Professional development and cultural activities;
- Accident and sickness medical coverage;
- The opportunity to apply for alumni small grants.
Eligible applicants must be:
- Secondary-level, full-time teachers with five or more years of classroom experience in English as a Foreign Language; Social Studies, Sciences, Math, and Special Education;
- Citizen of Kyrgyzstan;
English-language proficient in written and spoken English
Application Deadline: 5:00 PM, March 20, 2023 for paper and online application.
171 Prospect Mira
PAS, U.S. Embassy
Tel (312) 597 000
Link to online applications: Register as a new applicant by creating an account at: https://fulbright.irex.org/Account/Login