The Consular Officer may suggest DNA testing at time of the interview if the Consular Officer finds that there is not sufficient information and documentation to establish a biological relationship as required by U.S. law.
- The applicant/parent selects a DNA lab from an AABB accredited lab. Costs to be paid by the applicant.
- The selected DNA lab in the U.S. sends the DNA testing kit directly to U.S. Embassy Bishkek. The address is as follows:
U.S. Embassy Bishkek
Attn: Consular Section
171 Prospect Mira
+996 312 597 000
U.S. Embassy Bishkek contacts applicant (beneficiary), by e-mail or telephone, to schedule an appointment for DNA sample collection.
- On the appointment day, the applicant (beneficiary) must bring: (a) his/her passport or photo I.D. (if you do not have a photo I.D., please inform the Consular Section); (b) one recent passport size photo (2″x2″); and (c) sufficient funds to pay the lab technician who performs the DNA testing.
- U.S Embassy Bishkek sends the DNA sample collected on the appointment date directly to the DNA lab in the U.S. for testing.
- The DNA lab conducts the test and sends the results directly to U.S. Embassy Bishkek.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek contacts applicant (beneficiary) by e-mail or telephone and informs him/her when to return to the Embassy for results of the test and next steps in the case.