Subject: Restored stability in Koy Tash village and Bishkek downtown area
Location: Koy Tash and Central Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Event: U.S. Embassy Bishkek has lifted restrictions of travel in and around the village of Koy Tash and throughout the downtown area of Bishkek for U.S. citizens and government personnel, following the arrest of former President Atambaev and the end to demonstrations by his supporters. U.S. citizens should continue to take all normal precautions when traveling in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Avoid large crowds, gatherings, and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Keep a low profile.
- Monitor local media.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
- 171 Prospect Mira
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter