Kyrgyzstan has seen it highest number of new cases today, June 22 – 205. To date, Kyrgyzstan reports 3,356 COVID-19 infections. 40 people have died and 2,021 have recovered.
Commercial Air Service Resumption Suspended
Despite earlier reports, at this time regular commercial flights are not allowed by the Republican Headquarters due to the lack of observation resources to host and quarantine incoming passengers. July now appears to be the soonest date that commercial flights might resume. Please monitor the individual airlines websites or contact the airlines directly for any questions about ticket availability.
Borders Closures and Quarantines
The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic has announced that while the general ban on the entry of foreigners remains in place, foreign citizens who are the spouse, parent, or child of a Kyrgyz citizen may be permitted entry. However, the government has made no announcements yet about re-opening airports or borders or resumption of commercial flights. U.S. citizens who remain in Kyrgyzstan should prepare to shelter in place until normal commercial flight routes resume. At this time, all travelers who enter Kyrgyzstan must undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing and may be quarantined up to 14 days in a government facility.
The Republican Headquarters and the Ministry of Health have established a 24/7 hotline to provide consultations and arrange testing for those who are experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms. Dial 118 to reach the hotline. Besides testing done by the Ministry of Health, one private clinic has been licensed by the government to provide COVID-19 testing:
Bonetsky Laboratory, 20 Prospect Mira, Bishkek; Reception: (312) 316074, 316333
American Citizens should continue to shelter in place as much as possible and to wear masks whenever in public. Medical-grade masks can be found for purchase in some supermarkets, and at least one local company may be able to supply masks by delivery [Nature Republic N95 masks +996 551 105 105 (WhatsApp)].
Public transportation in Bishkek will be suspended on Saturday afternoons and all day Sunday. Inter-region public transportation is also suspended.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://kg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Kyrgyzstan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
- 171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter