NEW PCR Testing Requirement
As of September 25, Kyrgyzstan now requires travelers to have negative PCR test results dated no more than 72 hours before arrival into Kyrgyzstan. Passengers must hand-carry original test results. Travelers without valid PCR results will be denied boarding or entry. Passengers may be required to take another PCR test upon arrival depending on duration of travel and/or exhibited symptoms.
Kyrgyz Republic Entry Travel Ban Remains in Place
Please note that the entry ban on U.S. citizen travelers remains in place. Despite some exceptions to the ban announced by the Kyrgyz government for the below categories, even travelers who meet one of the exceptions have been denied entry and deported. Meeting one of the exceptions is not a guarantee that you will be permitted entry. U.S. citizen travelers should not plan to travel to the Kyrgyz Republic at this time as you are likely to be denied entry.
Exceptions may be given for:
- U.S. Citizens who hold Kyrgyz permanent residency;
- Individuals who hold a valid Kyrgyz work visa;
- Those who have an immediate Kyrgyz relative (spouse, parent, child, or grandchild) and proof of relationship (original documents only, no copies)
- University students (with visas and original proof of enrollment).
Departure Flight Updates
Irregular special commercial flights will continue with flights operating to Dubai, Istanbul, and Moscow. Please monitor the individual airlines websites or contact the airlines directly for any questions about ticket availability.
Note that as of August 1, 2020, all passengers, including transit passengers, traveling through Dubai will require a negative COVID-19 test certificate. The test must be conducted for all passengers within 96-hours before departure, except for children under the age of 12 and passengers who have a moderate or severe disability. You must bring a printed test certificate; a digital version on a phone will not be accepted.
U.S. Embassy Bishkek is aware that Bonetsky Laboratory may be able to perform COVID testing. Please contact the laboratory directly to inquire about their testing capacity.
Reception: (312) 316074, 316333
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://kg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Kyrgyzstan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
- 171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter