COVID 19 infection numbers continue to rise in Kyrgyzstan. The government reports 526 new infections today. To date, Kyrgyzstan reports 6,261 COVID-19 infections. 66 people have died and 2,530 have recovered.
As of July 2, the following rules and limitations are in place for Bishkek:
- Public transport (trolleys, marshrutkas, buses) will run from 07:00-10:00 a.m. and from 5:00-9:00 p.m. only. Public transportation and taxi service will be suspended entirely on weekends.
- Cafes and restaurants can operate only between the hours of 8:00 am -8:00 pm.
- Supermarkets and shopping centers will operate 7:00 am -7:00 pm
- Markets will operate from 6:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Bars, nightclubs, playgrounds, bike rentals, parks, squares and other gathering places will be closed.
Reminder: Potential Flights July 8, 15, 22, 29: Turkish Airlines Charters to Istanbul
The Turkish Embassy in Bishkek announced potential charter flights on the following dates from Bishkek to Istanbul:
8 July 2020
15 July 2020
22 July 2020
29 July 2020
Kyrgyz government approval of these flights is still pending, so this information is subject to change. If approved, citizens of any nationalities may board as long as they have a valid passport and they meet Turkish visa requirements. Please check official Turkish government sources for any requirements for transit passengers.
Any interested passengers must apply at the Turkish Airlines office. You may inquire directly with Turkish Airlines about price, baggage allowance, health and safety precautions, and exchange of previously purchased tickets.
The Turkish Airlines office is located at 130 Bokonbayev Street. Their phone number is +996 312 979 598 and e-mail is email@example.com.