Charter Flight Availability April 19
The Department of State has arranged a special chartered flight for U.S. citizens, U.S. Lawful Permanent Residents and other qualified travelers departing the morning of April 19 from Manas International Airport. Exact departure time and routing are subject to change. Seats are still available on this flight. Reservation confirmations were sent yesterday (Sunday) to all registered travelers. If you did not receive a confirmation email but believe that you have already registered for this flight, please contact the Consular Section immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
All passengers will need to reimburse the U.S. Government for the flight, and a promissory note for approximately $1,725 for adults, $1,362 for children and $181 for infants must be signed before boarding. No cash or credit card payments will be accepted. You will be responsible for any arrangements or costs (lodging, onward destination or local transportation, etc.) beyond your initial destination in the U.S.
We do not yet have details as to the arrival time in the United States. There will be no quarantine in Washington DC upon entering the United States. The CDC recommends that all travelers home isolate for 14 days after you reach your final destination in the United States.
Passengers will be able to check two bags of 23kg each, plus a carry-on that must fit under the seat. There are no overhead bins on this flight. No pets are allowed.
If you want to depart on this flight, please submit your information for the flight and the promissory note here: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=dFDPZv5a0UimkaErISH0S-YIhZYNy0FLrdDTeDQxDKhURDRBTDFXOTNRTEdVTjBZU0g4TzFIUjFJRSQlQCN0PWcu
If you have already submitted your information via this link please do not resubmit.
This charter flight is likely to be the only opportunity to depart Kyrgyzstan until commercial flights resume. U.S. citizens who remain in Kyrgyzstan should prepare to shelter in place until normal commercial flight routes resume.
State of Emergency
The Ministry of Health confirmed 377 cases of COVID-19 in the country.
The Commandant’s office has decided to extend the State of Emergency by two weeks.
We remind American citizens to abide by the State of Emergency restrictions and to obey orders from Kyrgyz law enforcement.
- A curfew remains in place from 8pm to 7am.
- Outside of curfew hours, residents may leave their homes only to obtain groceries or medical care or to visit a pharmacy or bank.
- You are required to carry a form of identification, proof of residence and local registration, and a written routing form. The routing form must include your full name, phone number, reason for being outside, home address and time of departure, and destination address and time of return.
- Bishkek residents will be fined 1000 KGS for being in public places without masks.
- You may only go to work if your organization is included in the list of companies allowed to work during the state of emergency.
- You can make trips for groceries and medications only within 1.5 km of your home.
- Dog walking only permitted within 100 meters of your residence.
- Gatherings larger than 3 people (not including families) have been banned.
- No minors are allowed outside without adult supervision.
- Work of companies not providing essential support services is suspended
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations. ·
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information. ·
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Kyrgyz Republic. ·
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
- 171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter