The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kyrgyz Republic would like to bring to the attention of U.S. citizens residing or traveling in Kyrgyz Republic the following informational message regarding a change in the appointment system for routine services provided to U.S. citizens residing in the Kyrgyz Republic:
The U.S. Embassy would like to inform all American citizens that, effective February 3, 2016, we will no longer be able to offer walk-in services for American citizens who require a service related to passports, birth registrations, and notary services. In order to provide more effective customer service, we ask our clients to please make an online appointment via the U.S. Embassy Bishkek website. Our appointment system allows our clients to plan their visit in advance, ensures shorter wait times, and allows more efficient handling of individual cases.
Appointments for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, passport applications, notarials, and authentications will be available Mondays and Fridays from 9:00 to 11:00 AM and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. and Wednesdays from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m., except on Kyrgyz and U.S. holidays.
The Consular Section would like to advise applicants that you will not be allowed in the Section more than 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Applicants who are more than 30 minutes late for their appointment will be asked to reschedule for another day. There is no charge for making or canceling an appointment.
No appointment is necessary for emergencies—situations involving death, kidnapping, child custody issues, serious illness, or arrest of a U.S. citizen. Customers requiring immediate attention or emergency service should contact the Embassy via phone at (996) 312 59 7000, or via email at ConsularBishkek@state.gov.
Please note that the federal benefits services, such as routine inquiries, case follow-ups, and assistance with applying for Federal Benefits and Social Security numbers, will remain the same – by appointment. Appointments can be made by phone Monday thru Friday 2:00 – 4:00 or via email at ConsularBishkek@state.gov.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Kyrgyzstan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kyrgyzstan, located at 171 Prospect Mira, Bishkek 720016, at +(996) (312) 59 7000, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(996) (312) 59 7000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.