State of Emergency and Movement Restrictions:
Parliament has cancelled the State of Emergency related to the post-election unrest and a curfew is no longer in effect. Please note that the pandemic ban on large gatherings remains in effect and indoor entertainment facilities are still closed. Due to the recent growth in COVID-19 cases entry and exit restrictions have been introduced in Osh province. In addition, public transport between Bishkek and Osh is currently banned. U.S. Citizens are reminded to be aware of your surroundings, avoid all large gatherings and demonstrations and monitor local media. You should continue to wear masks and practice social distancing whenever in public.
Kyrgyz Republic Entry Travel Ban Remains in Place
U.S. Citizens are not permitted to enter the Kyrgyz Republic at this time.
Please note that the entry ban on U.S. citizen travelers remains in place. Despite some exceptions to the ban announced by the Kyrgyz government for the below categories, even travelers who meet one of the exceptions have been denied entry and deported. Meeting one of the exceptions is not a guarantee that you will be permitted entry. U.S. citizen travelers should not plan to travel to the Kyrgyz Republic at this time as you are likely to be denied entry.
- Exceptions may be given for:
- U.S. Citizens who hold Kyrgyz permanent residency;
- Those who hold a valid Kyrgyz work visa;
- Those who have an immediate Kyrgyz relative (spouse, parent, child, or grandchild) and proof of relationship (original documents only, no copies)
- University students (with visas and original proof of enrollment).
Negative COVID-19 PCR tests, dated no more than 72 hours before arrival into the Kyrgyz Republic, are now required for all travelers.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://kg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Kyrgyzstan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States .
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Email: email@example.com
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter