Event: Demonstrations protesting the October 4 election results continue to take place in Bishkek and several other cities in Kyrgyzstan. Protests are no longer limited to Bishkek. There have been reports of protestors clashing with police, injuries to protestors and police, and one reported death. U.S. Embassy staff have been instructed to shelter in place until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- Shelter in place throughout Kyrgyzstan.
- Avoid large crowds, gatherings, and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Keep a low profile.
- Monitor local media.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
- 171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Safe Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter