Please note that the entry ban on foreign travelers remains in place. Foreign travelers who hold permanent residency, or hold a valid Kyrgyz work visa, or who have an immediate Kyrgyz relative (spouse, parent, or child) and proof of relationship may be granted an exception. Exceptions now may also be made for university students (with proof of enrollment). All other travelers should not plan to travel to the Kyrgyz Republic at this time as you will be denied entry.
- Bishkek city public transport will now operate on weekdays and weekends from 7:00 – 11:00 and 14:00 – 23:00.
- Cafes and restaurants are now open from 7:00 – midnight
- Bars, clubs, movie theaters, and other indoor entertainment facilities remain closed.
Departure Flight Updates
Irregular special commercial flights will continue with flights operating to Dubai (FlyDubai) and Istanbul (Turkish Airlines, Pegasus, and Avia Traffic). Please monitor the individual airlines websites or contact the airlines directly for any questions about ticket availability.
Note that as of August 1, 2020, all passengers, including transit passengers, traveling through Dubai will require a negative COVID-19 test certificate. The test must be conducted for all passengers within 96-hours before departure, except for children under the age of 12 and passengers who have a moderate or severe disability. You must bring a printed test certificate; a digital version on a phone will not be accepted.
U.S. Embassy Bishkek is aware that Bonetsky Laboratory may be able to perform COVID testing. Please contact the laboratory directly to inquire about their testing capacity.
Reception: (312) 316074, 316333
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://kg.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in Kyrgyzstan
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter