To date, Kyrgyzstan reports 1,520 COVID-19 infections. 16 people have died and 1,015 have recovered.
Kyrgyz Visa and Registration Update
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the State Registration Service have confirmed to the embassy that foreign citizens who need to extend their registration to stay in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic will have ten business days to complete registration after the emergency situation is ended. The terminology can be confusing; please note that while the State of Emergency has been lifted, Kyrgyzstan remains officially in an emergency situation. Only after this period ends will American citizens need to visit a registration service center.
As a reminder, the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic announced that foreigners may remain in the Kyrgyz Republic until June 1, 2020 without requiring an exit visa. U.S. citizens whose visas are expired will not be required to pay a fine or obtain an exit visa upon departure before June 1, 2020. It is expected that this period will be extended, but no announcement has been made yet.
Flights and Borders
The Government of the Kyrgyz Republic has announced that while the general ban on the entry of foreigners remains in place, foreign citizens who are the spouse, parent, or child of a Kyrgyz citizen may be permitted entry. However, the government has made no announcements yet about re-opening airports or borders or resumption of commercial flights. U.S. citizens who remain in Kyrgyzstan should prepare to shelter in place until normal commercial flight routes resume.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations. ·
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information. ·
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in the Kyrgyz Republic.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Bishkek
- 171 Prospect Mira
Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: +(996)(312) 597-733
Fax: +(996)(312) 597-744
- Kyrgyzstan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter