December 14, 2017
The U.S. Embassy in the Kyrgyz Republic is pleased to provide consular services to U.S. citizens in and around Talas on Wednesday, December 20, 2017 from 11:00 am – noon at the Talas American Corner. A consular officer will be at the American Corner to accept passport applications (new or renewals), Consular Report of Birth Abroad applications, and perform notaries. Please see below for details.
Talas American Corner at Talas State University
Address: 25 Karl Marx Street, Talas
Tel: +996 (3422) 5 36 49
U.S. citizens may apply for the following services on the below listed time and date on a first come first served basis:
- Passport renewals (adults) – $110 using form DS-82
• Passport renewals (minors under age 16) – $105 using form DS-11
• Replacement for lost passport – $135, forms DS-11 and DS-64, and a statement from the local police
• First adult passport – $135 and form DS-11 and original proof of citizenship
• Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) – $100 and forms DS-2029 and DS-5507
Application forms and additional information on application requirements are available at the Department of State’s website at www.travel.state.gov or the Embassy’s website at https://kg.usembassy.gov/
Notary Services: We will offer notary services, which cost $50 for each signature. If you are requesting notary services, please bring proof of identification (preferably your passport) and prepare, but do not sign, the document to be notarized prior to your arrival. We can also make certified copies of passports and other documents, which also cost $50 per signature.
Passport Services for Minors: For all passport services involving minors under age 16 and for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, both parents must appear together with the child to sign the applications in the presence of the consular officer. In addition, you must bring the original birth certificate for the child and the passports of the parents. Passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad applications should be completed prior to your arrival. Passports will be available for pick-up in 7-10 business days and Consular Reports Abroad in 3-4 weeks. Both must be collected at the Consular Section in Bishkek.
Bring Your Passport: Your passport is your best source of identification. Any passport applications submitted will be taken to Bishkek for processing. Generally, passport applications are processed and completed within 7-10 business days.
Payments and Receipts: We will accept cash payments only (either in U.S. dollars or Kyrgyz som) and will issue a manual receipt at the time of payment. Please bring exact change, as we will not have change available. Complete fee information can be found at www.travel.state.gov.
If you have additional questions, please call the U.S. Embassy Bishkek Consular Section at (996) 312 59 7000 between the hours of 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, or send an inquiry to ConsularBishkek@state.gov.
For further general information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Kyrgyzstan Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Kyrgyzstan, located at 171 Prospect Mira, Bishkek 720016, at +(996) (312) 59 7000, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +(996) 0312-597-733.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- The Department of State’s Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) provides several resources to enhance the safety and security of the U.S. private sector abroad. Additional information on OSAC can be found on OSAC.gov or by following OSAC on Twitter.